Sustainable Development Committee
The University of Ottawa Sustainable Development Committee (SUDCOM) meets quarterly; or as required to perform its functions at the request of the Chair, or five members of the Committee.
- February 24, 2011 - 141 Louis-Pasteur (room 228) at 1:00 pm
- April 28, 2011 - 141 Louis-Pasteur (room 228) at 1:30 pm
- June 30, 2011 - 141 Louis-Pasteur (room 228) at 1:30 pm
- August 25, 2011 - 141 Louis-Pasteur (room 228) at 1:30 pm
- October 27, 2011 - 141 Louis-Pasteur (room 228) at 1:30 pm
- December 15, 2011 - 141 Louis-Pasteur (room 228) at 1:30 pm
To provide advice and insight to the University of Ottawa’s Administrative Committee on matters related to best practices and socially responsible behaviour as these apply to campus sustainability.
More specifically, the Committee on Sustainable Development will:
- Assess sustainability issues and submit recommendations to the Administrative Committee;
- Suggest policies to improve the University of Ottawa’s performance in the Campus Sustainability Assessment Framework (CSAF);
- Create and manage projects that seek to improve sustainability on campus; and
- Create and manage volunteer based sub-committees oriented around sustainable development issues.
- Representatives (5) from staff, selected by the Administrative Committee
- Representatives (3) from faculty, selected by the Administrative Committee
- Representative selected by the Graduate Student Association
- Representative selected by the Student Federation of the University of Ottawa
- Representative for the University of Carleton
- Representative selected by Action Sandy Hill
- Representative for communities in the City of Ottawa
The Chairperson and the Vice-chairperson of the Committee will be elected by the members of the Committee.
About the Working Group on Communication (WGC)
The WGC reports to the Sustainable Development Committee (SUDCOM) and was established to help build support for SUDCOM’s policies and programs. Specifically, the WGC supports SUDCOM’s activities by providing advice and recommendations on communications issues and practices.