About the Green Reps
Like all on campus programs, the Green Reps project aims to enhance students’ university experience by getting them involved in exciting activities happening throughout the year. As Green Reps, these students take part in various eco-friendly activities organized by the Office of Campus Sustainability, such as Recycle Mania, Green Week and the University’s composting program.
Furthermore, Green Reps maintain the link between the Sustainable Development Office and the student population by making students aware of environmental issues and eco-friendly activities. Green Reps are knowledgeable individuals who, after undergoing training, are able to answer environmental questions from fellow students.
Who is a Green Rep?
Green Reps are students who represent their residence by leading other students on their floor in various green initiatives. Being a Green Rep is an excellent way to get involved in protecting the environment.
- Teaching residents about recycling and composting;
- Emptying compost baskets on their floor daily;
- Informing residents on their floor of green activities happening on campus;
- Answering residents’ questions concerning recycling and composting programs;
- Helping organize green events on campus during the school year.